Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI 350, is this cam worth getting?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudFrog, May 12, 2005.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, looking at ordering a cam for my stock TBI 350, I decided on the cam I want primarily because we carry the line and I can get it pretty cheap, but I want to make sure it's a decent cam. It's the new line called Voodoo made by Lunati, the specs are as follows:

Advertised Duration: 250 / 256
    Duration @ .050 IN/EX: 207 / 213
    Gross Valve lift IN / EX: .437 / .454
    LSA and ICL: 112 / 108
    RPM Range: Idle - 5000

How does this one compare to the stock cam in my 350 now? I hardly know anything about cams so I'm not able to distinguish between what is good for my application. I did call Lunati and they said this was the cam to use for my application. Thoughts?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Sounds like a little more duration and not enough LSA to me. But Lunati would know better than me I guess... of course they are a division of Holley.

3. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Thats similar to what I am running in mine. Your LSA is fine for Fuel Injection. Need 112* for FI. I like mine so far, although I only have like 5 tanks of gas through it. Low end torque isn't bad and has a hell of a high end.