Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI and CustomEFIs question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mastiff, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I switched to TBI from carb on my 83 K5 using a kit from CustomeEFIs. I just figured out today that his harness doesn't even have a wire for the crank signal to the ECM. I learned this because I was trying to figure out why it was starting kind of hard. I know some other guys here bought stuff from CustomEFIs, did you notice this issue?

Anyone know enough about TBI to know whether the crank signal makes a big difference? I can run the wire if it'll help, it would just be a pain to add the pin and split open the wire loom and all that. :doah:

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

you should call them back and ask them why its gone and we need to fix this.

i had a wire harnness from street and performance for my 4l80 swap and it was missing the aldl conector and the brake light switch wires. i ran it for 1 week before i realized it and almost burnt the tranny up because of there stupid misstake. and thay made me wait 3-4 days for the parts to fix it. when thay shoild have sent them next day.

3. Mastiff

Well, it's not really a business, it's a guy working from his house or something. I'll never get a new harness. Especially since it's been a year too. It'd be easier for me to run a wire than replace the whole harness anyway. :frown1:

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Ummmmm... GM TBI does not have a crank siginal sensor. I imagine that is why there is no crank siginal wire. It uses the magnetic pick up coil in the distributor for all its timeing settings

5. Mastiff

They called it "crank signal" on the diagrams. It's the indication that the starter is active. You know... cranking. :grin: