Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI and Dual Tanks

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by 79Stomper, Sep 28, 2006.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

So, I have been thinking about this for a while. I just picked up an 83 K10. 350/350/208. Super clean truck, only rust spot is in the driver door. 98,8xxx original miles on it. I have been contemplating converting it over to TBI since I am going to have the motor out this week anyways.

How hard would it be to do on a dual tank pickup? Anyone with any experience in this area, please chime in.

2. 79Stomper

Nevermind. I found a kit on Summit for a dual tank setup for TBI or their Holley projection setup. Uses a single pump with a valve redirecting both inake and return lines into the two different tanks.

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

PM Jiminycricket, he's just been through all this, or check out his posts about the problems he's had.

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I decided to dump the saddle tanks in favor of a single TBI tank mounted further back. You can't really mount sliders on a longbed with the saddle style blocking the way.

5. 79Stomper

Yeah, I see what your saying about sliders. I was underneath it today and no way for them to get a solid mounting spot on the frame for sliders. I found a kit on Summit I might try when I do the swap to TBI or MPFI. Mainly this is going to be a DD for a while, and I like having the dual tanks. Fill up when its cheap and go for a while on them both.