Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tbi and dual tanks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **DONOTDELETE**, May 12, 2002.

if i wanted to run dual saddle tanks on my pick up and convert to tbi will each tank need its own fuel pump or could i run one external to draw from both and run the pump right in front of the switch valve? or too much of a PIA and put one tank in the rear between the frame rails?

1. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You could run an external pump just ahead of the switch. However, whichever way you go, you must have the correct tank switch. Fuel injection requires that you have a return line for excess fuel to return to the tank. So when you're taking gas from tank 1, the switch must route the return line to tank 1. When you switch to tank 2, then the switch must also route the return line to tank 2.

2. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I would just hook the two tanks together. Then you can draw and return to one.

Good luck.

3. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

You could mount the extra tank and plumb a eletric pump to transfer the fuel from the extra tank to the tank with the TBI pump in it.