Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tbi cam...?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79k20350, Oct 6, 2006.

1. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Im planning on just freshening up the 350 i have sitting in the garage. what would you guys reccomend for a mild cam? Nothin extreme, just if i got it apart i might as well. also what would i have to do to the com,puter or anything else after i did swap it out. If im gonna have to deal with tuning it i may not bother... just want to get your guys opinions.

2. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

after you put in a cam just run winALDL on it and and send the info to Brian at TBIchips. he sent me a chip the very naxt day.
    and then after i put the chip in i logged some more data to see how i was he said i was still off a bit and sent me another chip for nothing. he's very helpfull and has CAMS he recomends for TBI's www.tbichips.com :D

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

whats winALDL and how do i use it:crazy:

4. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

if you go to tbichips it should have a section about it telling how to use it and a link to either buy a cable or some guys make there own.

its really easy to use, it works best with a old outdated laptop that you can get off ebay for about $15-40 and a power inverter. hook it up to your trucks serial port and log away .
    you will log while at idle, cruise, stop and go, WOT, and when your at cruise you will do a few burst on the gas pick up speed and slow back down, then once you have done a few min of each let it idle at the end for about 2min.
    you should have about 15-20min total time with about 2-3min for each thing.