Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI disassembly

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tx_sub, Dec 10, 2004.

1. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

how do i get the butterfly shafts out? the injector pod is pretty straight forward, but the base is not. i've got it down to the throttle linkage and the part the tps fits over. what's next.

anyone got an exploded view of the tbi or something?
    thanks fellas

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

not sure, when i rebuilt mine i didnt touch those i just redid all the injector housing.

3. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

well, i may have screwed the pooch on this one. i started to release the return spring. and i can't get it off or get it back taught. then i tried to unscrew the butterfly screws not realizing they are soldered on the back side and sheared one off. i may be able to solder the hole up. but in my rebuild kit from napa, there are two rods that look like shafts. any one else?

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I don't have the rbuild kit but Iknow some kit contain the shafts because they wear.
    usually it's smashed not soldered but I guess the TBI's are soldered?
    Anyway if you have the shafts and the screws, new, then remove those screws by grinding or something and replace the shafts.