Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI FAQ Page?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Esteban86K5, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Has anyone made one on converting early trucks to TBI? I have SOOOO many questions regarding adapters, wireing, distibutors, diagrams. I have searched and there are just SOOO MANY different posts with little tidbits here and there that it drives one crazy trying to sort it all out. So to all you TBI GURUS, have any of you made a FAQ page? :confused:

2. botboy

botboy 1/2 ton status

Check out my website: www.speedyoldtruck.com, in the projects section. I converted my '72 C10 and when I parted that truck I carried over everything and converted the '72 Cheyenne/20 I bought to replace it.

Also, www.chevythunder.com has a great selection of wiring diagrams and info on TBI and TPI. My K5 is getting a pair of vortec heads and a converted LT4 intake when I gots the moneys...

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

call me tomorrow esteban

4. Esteban86K5

O.K. Jason. :wink1:

5. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Don't feel too bad, I am in the same boat. I have a complete TBI motor in my backyard but don't know where to start for the swap. I know I need a lot of electrical crap and a $300 wiring harness and that is about it.

6. Esteban86K5

I've got the complete(at least I think it's complete) TBI system sitting in the garage. And i have no idea where to begin the swap. :doah:

7. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've put a '90 TBI motor in my '78. PM me if you have any specific questions and if I can help I will.
    Don't worry though, it's not rocket science.....nearly as expensive but not as tricky!