Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI fittings

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Diesel Dan, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

Looking for a supply source for some TBI fittings.
    Working on installing a carbed 383 into a '90 K5. What I am doing is using the stock in-tank pump/lines/filter. From the filter on I will replace with braided line and JIC fittings to the regulator and carb. Need female fittings on the end going to the factory lines and NPT or JIC on the other end.

Anyone done similar?

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

earls are good for fittings. You could get barbed spigot fittings from turbo city to go on to the filter then go rubber line from there. Or buy one of their filters that accepts rubber hose and put a short piece of hose from the steel line to the filter then after the filter to your reg.

3. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

should be 16 mm o ring fittings. same ones used on ps pumps. just ordered 4 for my ps conversion. 16 mm oring tp -6 an same as jic 3/8

4. Diesel Dan

Don't really want to use any more rubber hose than absolutely neccesary. This is a buddies blazer and he already had one burn to the ground once because of others cutting corners. I built the motor for this truck, again, and am now installing it for him.

16mm O-ring fittings?
    Will dig around and see if I have some extra P/S hoses to compare too. If not then I'll pull the ones off the blazer and compare. However on the male end of the fuel line it takes a ~5/8" wrench and the male fitting of the P/S hose uses a 3/4" but haven't measured the diameter of the lines yet.

Will check with jegs on the earl fittings and if nec get a # for their tech dept.
    Thanks.

5. hero

hero Registered Member

6. Diesel Dan

hero,

Nice looking fittings and will keep them in mind for future projects. However that is a male saginaw to male -AN adapter. I am looking for a female saginaw to male -AN fitting. Similar to the fittings in the back of the TBI unit.

Found an Accel part thru JEGS, 310-74743H, but no pic to see if it is what I want.

7. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

8. Diesel Dan

Thanks Ryan:D ,

I was going to email the companies but you responded before I could. Looks like the 14&16mm are the ones I need. The smaller of the P/S fittings fit the larger of the fuel line and IIRC the pressure hose of the P/S is 18mm.

Price is good at only $8.69 thru summit, prefer JEGS but summit stocks the Holley 12-803BP regulator I want to run while JEGS has to order it.

Thanks for all the help:waytogo: .