Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI for a 77

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by MrArmyAnt, Apr 9, 2007.

1. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    Got a new reman motor for the 77, would like to go to a junkyard for tbi, or go to propane if I can find it cheap enough. What years of fuel injection should I be looking for, and what's average cost to pull it all off for tbi?

TIA

Tried searching but couldn't find any general answers.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Easiest years to deal with will be 1987-1991 out of the "old bodystyle" trucks.

I wouldn't pay more than $500 for a complete system, down to the fuel lines and tank. The small stuff kills you in cost, if it doesn't come complete, cost will add up quickly.

3. BizeeB65

BizeeB65 1/2 ton status

I was able to pick up a complete (read - engine side) system for $200 on here... I just need the fuel tank and sending unit (trying to keep the system as close to stock as possible).

You basically need the throttle body, distributor, all sensors, harness, ECM, and intake. You should not have to cut any wires pulling the system. it also helps to label everything when removing from the donor. For $500 bucks, you could prolly find a complete running TBI blazer or truck and have a complete donor vs. picking parts at a yard.

:D

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

You should also concider swapping the cam in your new "Crate Motor" to a computer cam. Most of the cams in carb engines are not very computer frendly.

5. BizeeB65

BizeeB65 1/2 ton status

Thanks. My "crate motor" is is no way new though...:rolleyes: