Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI Fuel Lines

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Russell, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey guys!

I need a set of steel braided fuel lines from the back of a TBI unit, does anyone have a pair kicking around somewhere that I could get off?

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

I have a pair. I actually have the complete line from the rubber connection midway on the frame forward including the filter. Make an offer on what you need.

3. Russell

I'd also need the part that connects to the fuel tank in the back, it is soft line that it bolted to the tank, and runs to the frame where it becomes hardline, with about a foot of hard line left after the braided line ends.

How does 50 bucks cnd + shipping sound?

I don't need the fuel filter, or any hard line less the foot on each end of the braided line that goes to the tank.

4. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Here is what I have. I never had the tank lines, I just used rubber line and hose clamps. Let me know if you would still want these or not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Russell

Hey James, It looks like I'll be able to use that :)

I'd need the hard line with the sawgina fittings on the ends, and the braided line. Could you possibly get pictures of the fittings on each end of the braided fittings? On the TBI fuel lines I used for connecting to my suburban tank, the ends where the braided ended and turned into the hard line that bolted into the back of the TBI were fairly short, are these ones the same way? I can't really tell from the picture, and I would need them to be that way.

I can use the hard line to splice into the hard line up front and simply run the braided line directly to the fuel rails

6. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

I hope these pictures will help. The hard line is fairly long, as seen in this picture, taken with the tape measure at the very end of the lines, where they connect to the TBI. The hard lines come out of the TBI, make a couple of turns and get bolted to the block through a bellhousing bolt with the clamp in the picture.
    Edit: Sorry, I don't have a metric tape measure, so I hope you can convert that to Canadian.:D

[​IMG]

This a picture of the ends as you wanted. They never leaked, but the O rings look like they will need to be replaced.

[​IMG]

Here is a picture of the other end of the braided lines where they connect to the hard line. I have never needed to break these connections, and they of course never leaked. BTW, that is some good 'ole east coast rust there. Can't get that in the west.;)

[​IMG]

7. Russell

Actually, those lines are better than perfect :)

With the lines I've got now, I'd need to get a union for them, but with those lines having female ends on both braided lines, they'll work perfect!

Lemme know how much you want shipped to Alberta, Canada, postal code T8E 2C8 via USPS priority :)

8. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

PM sent :thumb: