Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI fuel pressure spring...Where to get??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yeild2me, Jan 16, 2005.

1. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, I have searched and cant find what I am looking for.

I am rebuilding the TBI on my 4.3 TBI and the fuel pressure regulater spring disenegrated when I took the TBI apart. The spring does not come in the rebuild kit, and I need to know a part number or something to get a replacement from a parts store.

Thanks!!

Rob

2. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

if you want to do some searching, on thirdgen.org they have part numbers for different spring rates for the regulator. they were in threads about the vaccum adjustable fuel pressure regulator. hope this helps.

did you check at a gm parts dealer?

3. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

BTT...I Need this spring, and nothing I have read has led my down the right path.

If anyone has a spare TBI, I will buy it..

Thanks

4. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I dont know if anyone is going to have the spring. You will probably have to buy the whole regulator. Sorry. I bought an adjustable regulator from cfm tech and it didnt come with a spring. It re-uses the old spring. I would say buy a stock pressure regulator from an auto parts store, take the spring out of it, and return it as defective. When they figure out it had no spring, they will figure thats why it was defective.
    -Harrison

5. blazerguy 90

blazerguy 90 1/2 ton status

spring

Go to your local pic n pull or junk yard and find a 4.3 TBI and pull the spring out of it. (pocket part)

6. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

I just got a whole TBI from the Junkyard down the road....They even gave it to me...

I dont know why that spring is not available over the counter?? Not even GM had it in the books (well, computer:crazy: )....Anyway, its good now...

Thanks for all the ideas.........Rob

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Took awhile, but I was finally able to look at the '87-88 parts manual for the TBI.

It shows the regulator, but only mentions a kit, and says nothing about the kit containing a spring.

I know, nothing new here, but looks like the GM parts guys weren't wrong for once. :(