Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI fuel pump diagrams

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Jan 1, 2003.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

does anyone have some diagrams of what the assembled in tank pump should look like? I took it apart a few days ago and the way its going back together doesn't look right or make sense. thanks

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I figured out what happened...when we took the tank out we used a floor jack to supposrt it, and my friend thought we could just take the tension off the straps that hold the tank up if we used a floor jack. Floor jack was too short so we put a dog's water bowl on top of it and it worked great, except it bent the bottom of the tank up, broke the plastic baffle inside and bent the pickup that the fuel pump is mounted to at a 45 degree angle, making it look really wierd. Got it bent back, but lost a rubber insulator, made a new one out of an old radiator hose...if autozone sold 5/8 fuel lines it would probaby be running now because the return line doesn't fit anymore, so gotta wait for napa to open tomorrow