Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI fuel pumps

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nrose07, Jul 27, 2001.

1. Nrose07

Nrose07 1/2 ton status

So I just got a Holley Pro-Jecton today, and I'm thinking its going to be alot easier to tune than the stock tbi. My biggest question is I need to replace my stock fuel pump anyways, and now I have this inline pump that came with the FI. SOO can I plumb it in my exsisting line? Disconnect the power to the stock pump and run the holley pump? Run both pumps? Trying to put the least amount of effort into the swap ofcourse. And that means not droping the tank to remove or replace the stock pump. Thanks guys

Displacement, cubes, and did you say you drive a riceburner???

2. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Run the stock pump, they work great with Pro-Jection. I have a few Jeep buddies that run these pumps with the Pro-Jection, we also put one in my brother's '70 K5. Throw the in-line Holley pump in the trash where it belongs, it is the major down fall to the Pro-Jection system. Bite the bullet and put in a new AC Delco in-tank pump if your old one is toast, its not that bad of a job.

Why are you getting rid of the TBI setup? Interested in selling it? If so, let me know, my brother needs one.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd