Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI head data

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dyeager535, Mar 5, 2006.

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Exceedingly bored right now, having withdrawls from not being able to work on my truck. :( Never thought this would happen! Probably not as bad as a drug addiction, but man!

So I've just been searching forums, data, etc. as things pop into my head. Found this post about the swirl port TBI heads.

http://thirdgen.org/techbb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=268064&highlight=throttle+body+shaft

Yes, geared more toward the cars, but as usual, look where the Vortecs are in that comparison, and think about what application the Vortecs were used in. :)

2. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Thanks for the post, some pretty good FYI stuff. I know hat you mean about not being able to work on the truck, for me its iether rain, or money or both that have me stuck inside doing nothing. Its quite tormenting...

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

No wonder my 'Burbs are such dogs....Among other things....

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, also found some info about stock TBI/Vortec head V8's, that was rather interesting, I had thought all the Vortec V8 stuff was CPI.