Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Teamstatic2001, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Teamstatic2001

Teamstatic2001 Registered Member

I have a edelbrock tbi conversion kit for a bbc chevy. Problem is all my local junkyards have no bbc tbi setups. I can get an intire sbc setup with everything for 75 bucks. Anyone know if the narness and dist. and tbi unti will work. I know the computer is the same and that the bbc iis bigger flow. any help will be great.

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

No SBC TBI wont work on BBC. SBC has 480 CFM TB vs 670 CFM for the BB. Injectors are to small 55 lbs PH vs 75 lbs PH for BBC. The ECM is the same but the SBC chip is not programed for a BBC cam and fuel curve. You need the 454 chip.
    If all You need is the throttle body. Do a search on ebay for 454 throttle body. Should be able to get one there complete for 50-75 bucks.

3. Teamstatic2001

Teamstatic2001 Registered Member

Yea all i need is the TB I dont use the injectors, ebay wants alot more for a bbc tbi unit becuase people want them. I know the chip is differnt but when you buy the kit edelbrock burns a chip for ya for free. But my main question is if the wiring is the same.