Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chev4life, Oct 31, 2002.

1. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, I am in the process of getting the K5 ready for the winter play season and I am looking into rebuilding my throttle body. I called the dealer to see if they make a kit and they dont, does anyone know if it is possible to get a bushing and butterfly kit for these things ('87 TBI 350) or a good place to get one that is already rebuilt? Thanks for the help. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

3. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

I've looked into them and also emailed them....but I am not looking for anything that fancy...I just want a simple rebuild, new butterflies and bushings...something simple to last me until I get my edlebrok fuel injection.

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Then maybe try a NAPA or some place like that. Gotta be a market for them. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

6. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Taken from Four Wheeler Magazine's 2002 Annual Source Guide:
    101 Chevrolet Engine Upgrades - #4 Rebuild your throttle body injection (TBI). Scared? Come on, it's easier then rebuilding a one-barrel Briggs & Stratton carburetor on your lawn mower. Rebuild kits are available at your local parts store for about $35, and you can replace the injectors ($60 each) with new ones, but you probably don't even have to. You'll be rewarded with a smoother idle, a little more power, and better fuel economy.

7. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

That is exactly what I want to do, but it seems like every kit that I find is just gaskets and crap...I would like the get new butterflies, throttle shaft, etc...has anyone seen kits like this? Thanks for the help guys.

8. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

He guys, finally found a Borg-Warner TBI rebuild kit with the works...hope it works out. Thanks for the help!

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

What was the cost and where did you get it? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

10. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

I got it from Winchester Auto here in San Jose, CA....cost is about $42. Once I pick it up tonight I will get the PN off of it and post up here if its a good kit.

11. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

Update...the kit the had was crap, just seals and gaskets..nothing I was looking for. I am going to figure something out.