Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI Hesitation

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SickboySS, Nov 24, 2002.

1. SickboySS

SickboySS 1/2 ton status

hey, i have an 89K5 TBI motor that doesn't have any emmissions on it (never had them) and anyways, it idles fair, but if you put it in gear it has a hesitation when you step on the gas and it sputters and sh*t, but if i stomp on it - it just stands up and runs like a raped ape. also if i put it in reverse it'll sputter and might stall out. it occasionally throws a code, but then it goes out, anybody know what this could be? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. husurddy

husurddy 1/2 ton status

Snow Hill, Maryland, go east \'till you hit water
  3. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Get the codes that it is giving you. That will send you in a good general direction.

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Mine has the A.I.R. tubes on it, I noticed one of them in the rear has come apart and it sucks in cool air in the winter making run similar to what your sounds like. I just haven't got around to fixing it. If you dont have the air tubes I would start checking vacuum lines and fuel filter.
    Good Luck, J