Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI idle

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sharkman726, Dec 16, 2003.

1. sharkman726

sharkman726 Registered Member

I recently added a TBI spacer on my 90 K5. I just noticed my idle appears to be a little high. Can you do anything on a TBI to adjust the idle. Sorry if this is a moronic question but I am a little confused on this.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Hey man Im not too sure on your question but Im in Virginia too..and have a 90. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Where are you located? Im live in Richmond but go to school at Virginia Tech. You got pics of your rig? Im puttin 6" and 35 BFGs and would love to see it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Oh im sure someone will tell you but make sure your TV cable is properly adjusted after putting that spacer in..dont want to toast that trans.

4. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you have vacuum leak.. Check the gaskets and make sure you torqued everything correctly. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

John

5. sharkman726

sharkman726 Registered Member

Thanks for the input. (good link) I think I understand the TV cable concept now. I will try to make the adjustment today.

6. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

How tall of a spacer is it? If it is over 3/4" you need to install spacers under the bracket that holds the tv cable and throttle cable. This is to help eliminate binding of the cables. Also check all the vacum hose connected on the TBI might have a cracked hose/hose connector, from moving the TBI.

7. Silverado_K5

Silverado_K5 1/2 ton status

If you don't have any vacuum leaks anywhere, you can remove the little round plug up on the right top corner in the front of the tbi and adjust the MAR=minimum air rate or idle screw.

Doug