Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI injected 2WD S10 (running or not) for V8 project...

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by bowtiepower00, Nov 15, 2003.

1. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

Looking for a TBI injected S10. 2WD, auto. Regular cab preferred. Doesn't have to run, but want the body to be in good shape. (little/no rust) I would like to find a truck with a 4.3, A/C, and cruise. I'm in Iowa but am willing to travel for the right truck. I'd like to keep the price under $1500. Thanks...

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

1986 Chevy S10 2wd, regular cab, long bed. 2.8L TBI, 5 spd T5, 10 bolt 7.5" rear axle with 4.10 gears (rebuilt in 1998), 300K miles. Currently not running due to short in wiring blowing "ECM B" circuit (fuel pump circuit). I have replaced the fuel pump relay & fuel pump plus working on repairing the oil pressure sensor wiring but still havent quite figured out where the short is.

Imagestation pics
    [​IMG]

Truck is rust free. Pass side fender is dented beyond repair and driver side of bed is dented as well. I have an extra strait rust free S10 longbed that I can put on it though. No other fenders right now however.

$750 delivered to Iowa or $250 and you pick it up in SE WA state.

3. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the reply, but I'm going to keep looking for something closer to home. I'd also like to find a shortbed with a 4.3 and auto. I haven't decided if I want to build one or not yet, just thought I'd see what's out there...