Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI Injectors, differences?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Aug 5, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I read somewhere that the standard 350 injectors are 55lbs and that 9c1 police package 350s have 65lbs injectors. Anyone know if this is true? If so would it be good for performance to run them? I have a ported throttle body, soon TBI spacers, no cat and flowmaster, and K&N intake so I'm moving a bit more air than stock.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Yes, there are different injectors, you can tell by color code. Don't know what they are off the top of my head though.

3. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

4. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I read somewhere that the standard 350 injectors are 55lbs and that 9c1 police package 350s have 65lbs injectors. Anyone know if this is true? If so would it be good for performance to run them? I have a ported throttle body, soon TBI spacers, no cat and flowmaster, and K&N intake so I'm moving a bit more air than stock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ported throttle body? How's that working? Any noticeable differences in power and fuel economy?

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

take a rotary tool and attack the throttle body. I started down inthe bore and worked up. Making it more of a cone to open it up. Remove the little lips around the bores too they restrict air a lot. And no I didn't notice a difference or fuel economy improvement.

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

No expert on the TBI motors, but I bet the heads and intake aren't doing you any favors.

You could put 90PSI injectors on there with a 1500CFM throttle body, and the heads and intake are still only going to flow what they can.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah the heads and intake are horrible but I can't afford to replace them. My head is barely above water right now and no end in sight. I'm going to have to sell my K5 even though I really really really don't want to.