Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI Intake

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekquistk5, Dec 2, 2004.

1. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have alot of carbon build up in my intake, and rather then cleaning it I would rather get a better one. Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking about the Edelbrok performer, anyone running it?

thanks

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Spend a little extra and get an air-gap. I would have, but I was running too tight on my rebuild budget.

Just noticed the "TBI" in the subjet. Don't know if they make the air-gap for that application.

3. 91GMCSuburban

91GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

but what you can do is get a carb to TBI adapter. Make sure you get an intake that has EGR too.

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

There are only 2 TBI intakes on the market that I kno of Edelbrock and Holley
    The Edelbrock is a good intake as long as you dont plan on putting on larger than the stock throttle body.

Holley's TBI intake has 2" holes so you can put on a 454 TB or Holleys 670 CFM TB. So if you plan on upgrading your TB or building your engine. The Holley may be a better choice.

I have used the edelbrock on a TBI engine that I built and it worked great on a mild build 350. Anything is better than the stock intake