Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI issue *help me*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by clarkjw24, Feb 7, 2006.

1. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Truck had been running fine. Cranked everytime I turned the key. Pulled it in the shop then went to back it out and the thing won't fire. The fuel pump comes on and never builds up pressure to stop. It just keeps running. Whats wrong now? I pulled the lines at the tb and fuel is pumping into it. Seems like since the pump won't cut off somethings keeping the coil from firing. I've even poured gas in the tb but there is no spark. Is it a bad fuel pump, regulator, ecm, relay, fuseable link...?

2. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

start checking wiring i would say do you have a fuel pressure gauge you could check the pump that way?

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

That's the classic failure mode for the ignition module inside the distributor. $45 and 10 minutes to get back on the road.

4. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

So the ingition module gone bad would make the pump continue to run? The module makes since because I've had that happen before, pull it in the shop running fine then the next time you try to crank it there is no fire. I know they can go bad at the drop of a hat.