Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI Mixture Enhancement Selector?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cavalry, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    I found this on turbo citys site and wanted to know if anyone has one on their TBI and how it works here is their description. It looks to be a plug in selector that contols your MAP sensor. They run about $90

Our totally new Mixture Enhancement Selector will allow you to custom tailor your fuel curve from your dashboard. A three position switch gives you the options of Economy, Performance or Stock. Not a chip, but a unique modification designed to communicate with your existing stock or aftermarket chip. An easy installation with no permanent modifications, allows an Economy setting with a 1-2 MPG. gain or a Power setting which enhances fuel parameters for performance. Stock setting does not affect the computer at all

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5

2. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

all this does is off set the TPS rich or lean 2% or so not enough to make the O2 senser to go nuts or for the ECM to flash codes. Bad thing is if you leave it in the power mode the ECM will adjust it back to normal over a short time, then when you switch it back to normal it will take time to get there. All in all I would pass on theis for 90.00