Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tbi motor problems

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by Nrose07, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Nrose07

Nrose07 1/2 ton status

Friends 95' S-10 2WD Vortec TBI 4.3 The problem is magically overnight it started running like [censored]. Cranks, fires, but seems to run on only4-5 cylinders. So I've checked everything, fixed a few problems on the way but still hasen't fixed it. New plugs, fuel filter, gas, plug wires, coil, air filter, cap/rotor. I can drive it ok if I drag the brakes and keep on the gas. It runs ok with throttle and a load, but not at a idle. Got spark, got fuel and its smooth on the road. Engine code 32 is coming up, EGR system. Need some input, Thanks Guys!

Displacement, cubes, and did you say you drive a riceburner???

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Your best bet would be to check the vacuum lines. My old Monte Carlo did that and that was what it was. Friggin GM used some cheap-ass tie wrap on the line and it cut through it. After I replaced it, it ran fine.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch>www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch</a>

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The computer already told you what to check. An EGR valve that is sticking in the open position will cause the symptoms that you're describing. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

4. Jamus

Jamus Registered Member

Most definitely a clogged EGR. Mine did the same thing. I have the CPI engine with an all electronic EGR, $160. I'm cheap so I just made a block-off plate for it. The vacuum type of EGR is less expensive. Plus, if you choose, you could disconnect it by putting a screw in the vacuum line.

94 Blazer, 4.3 cpi, 3" body lift, SFA with dana 30/Ford 9", 33's