Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI Motor Upgrades

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by STV, Apr 4, 2002.

1. STV

STV Registered Member

I have 150,000 miles on my 1991 Blazer and it runs great. As I would like to keep this thing reliable I am thinking about rebuilding the motor or swapping in a lower mile newer Vortec 350. Any advise to motor swaps or good upgrades if I rebuild the stock motor? Is a TBI to Vortec swap difficult electronically? All comments welcome. Thanks

2. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    Why rebuild now? 150,000 isnt that many miles if it is well maintained. I've seen SBC go over 300,000 with the use of synthetic oil and taking good care of it. If you want more power or just want to rebuild because your moter is getting weak or whatever, yes you can use vortec heads. You dont even have to put in a new fuel injection system. All you have to do is put the vortec heads ontop of any 350, get a vortec TBI intake and your done. You may end up wanting to get a custom chip burned for your TBI so that it can match its new found power.

sparky