Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tbi//motor????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by walrus101, May 30, 2000.

1. walrus101

walrus101 Registered Member

finally got the rockers adjusted. in doing so, it still does not idle; it runs great after 2000rpm. i don't have all of the vacuum lines hooked up.as you are standing in front of the k5 looking at the tbi. where does the third (counting left to right) vacuum line go?first goes to something smog, got it. second goes to valve cover. third goes where?
    thinking that what is wrong is the probably the tp sensor .as we were playing with the motor my mech. friend said that it was an evolution motor. meaning that it is a later model engine than 88. where on the block is the number to find info. on the motor? and when did they start making this motor? just curious to what i have. my friend left in a hurry to go on vacation. it will be a week before i can ask him.

walrus101

goo goo gaju

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Okay, The first goes to the EGR Solenoid. The second goes to the PCV valve. The third goes to the Vacuum Canister. There is a vacuum line on the back of the TBI that goes to the MAP sensor. Look at the Radiator Support on your truck, they usually have a diagram showing the vacuum line.
    The TPS is a bear to change with the throttle body still on the motor. Trust me, I changed mine the other night. As far as idleing rough, The TPS didn't change that. A new Cap and Rotor did though. I've changed the EGR Valve, the TPS, rebuilt the TBI (10 min. job) changed the fuel filter, new O2 sensor, New Plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Just about everything, and mine is finally idleing and running right. I feel pretty comfortable around a TBI now. Not much too them.

Hope this helped some. If not, shoot me an email at kyle89k5@swbell.net or kylep@ecadinc.com

Kyle
    89K5

3. walrus101

walrus101 Registered Member

someone conveniently took the diagram off the radiator. i called the chevy house and they said it would take 3 to 6 weeks to get one in, and that is why i should get thier service dept. to do the work. i just hung up the phone; they did not deserve a comment. thanks for the input though.

walrus101

goo goo gaju