Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI on 400 SBC

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by grtwhite, Mar 14, 2004.

1. grtwhite

grtwhite 1/2 ton status

Got some questions about swaping over from a carb to a TBI on my 400. I've got a 77' with a mostly stock 400. Running headers and going to be putting on an eldebrock intake and a mild cam. Planning on swapping parts from a 350 TBI truck and adding a throttle body from a 454. What size injectors would you guys recommend? Have a friend who can burn me custom chips so that's not a concern. Thanks for your help!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I would say injectors for a 454 big block would be about right. I get about the same fuel mileage with my built 406 that our stock 454 gets in our C30.

3. mplogic

mplogic 1/2 ton status

What is that mileage if you don't mind me asking? I've got a SB400 using stock 350 heads and intake and my mileage didn't change much (just under 12mpg). I do need to richen up the mixture a bit though as I'm getting a "lean mixture" error code. It feels good, lots more low end than my stock 350 had, but I'm probably not getting all I could out of it (powerwise).

I hear the Holley 350 TBIs are supposed to have a higher output injector but you want to be sure to get the delphi and not the old style as they were problematic. I thought about going to the 454 injectors too, but don't want 6mpg. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif