Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI on old truck big axles questions.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by amnluke, Aug 8, 2005.

1. amnluke

amnluke Newbie

Okay I got my hands on some one ton axles I am putting them in my half ton short bed soon and was wondering if my old driveline will bolt up and work for now or if I need a different one made. I also want to put fuel injection in, and was wondering if I could get any info on that at all. Either through a kit or throttle body from the junk yard or whatever I just want to lose the carb and have done nothing like this before. and will the throttle body intake bolt onto my current motor and heads.

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I dont know about the driveshafts. But as for the FI, if you want to put TBI on the truck, go to a junkyard and find a donor truck, grab the wiring, computer, throttle body, manifold, and any sensors attached to the manifold. Might also help to take a few pics before you start unbolting. If you want to add an aftermarket MPFI setup, many of them come with their own wiring harness and computer, but of course, they cost 2500+. Good luck

3. DavidB

DavidB 1/2 ton status

Vortec rawks. But it's a lot harder to set up. TBI with vortec heads would be nice. I believe GM makes the manifold for it.