Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI parts list?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudbug1979, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

I know that there are some of you out there who have coverted from carb to tbi. What fuel pump did you use, fuel return line, and did you have to baffle your tank? All help will be greatly apperciated, Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. S-30

S-30 Registered Member

i but TBI in my truck and used a fuel pump for a '90 chev. truck. went right in my s-10 tank. If you want to use and aftermarket electric one that will work too. just make sure it has 15psi.

3. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have 2 converted trucks, one has the baffled tank and factory intank pump. One has an inline pump on its third pump.
    The last 2 inlines were Holly ones, they both failed on warranty and I had absolutley terrible warranty service on both.

I now have a fuel pump from Howell (I believe its made by Walbro). Both trucks run fine. If you are running steep terain without a baffled tank just make sure your tank is above 1/2 full.

Most baffled tanks I have looked in have had broken baffles anyway, so I personally don't think spending the extra cash for a baffled tank is necessary, and the intank fuel pumps are a much bigger pain to replace (even if you do cut an access plate in your bed)- although they are about 50 bucks a pop cheaper.

My supply and return are both regular (non special high pressure) rubber fuel line (with long stock steel runs). They both have been in service for many miles.

I have seen plans for a surge type reservoir that uses a low pressure pump to fill it, from which the TBI inline pump takes a suction from. If you were climbing verticle faces a lot that might be a good idea.

4. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Aftermarket tanks have steel baffles...$150. Both K5's now have them...chalet is at 80% tbi status mark...

DW /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Where do you get them?? The aftermarket tanks?

6. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status

(Highjack) Does anyone out there know where to get the TBI inlet and outlet fittings besides off of an originally equiped tbi truck? I tried the dealer and all they can do it the entire line. Any one even know what the thread is? I dont theink its NPT

7. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Mark...i got mine and new straps from rockauto.com...
    or call my buddy nick at Tatum Auto...i think he can beat there price...602-992-8865...he's the guy who bought that 72 Burb...its now getting a cummins 6bt engine.

DW /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

they are special fittings that have a shoulder on the end for the plastic washer...best bet is a yard...

Chris