Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI Power Charger

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lowlevell, Aug 30, 2000.

1. lowlevell

lowlevell 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have this thing installed on there TBI?It says 10HP gain at the rear wheels=).I keep seeing the add for this thing but it doesnt have a part #,it is made by hypertech.I went to hypertech's website and it doesnt even list it as a part.It's around $45 and sits on top of the TBI.I was just wondering if anyone has it and likes it...later

2. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I put a 1" spacer between the manifold and the TBI which worked good. It gave me about 1 mpg increase and more touque. I could really tell the difference when towing my boat.. Got it from Summit, $75.00
    The only thing I have heard that sits on top of the TBI is a thing called a "Tornado" most reports say they don't work. You will be better served if you spend the $45 dollars on a K&N filter.

[​IMG]
    Get out and Vote!

4. lowlevell

lowlevell 1/2 ton status

The "power charger" looks like a bowl that sits on top the TBI unit.I guess the shape of it increases airflow.Just wondering...
    Hey Thunder, you happen to have a part# for that spacer?And is it for the sb350 TBI?

5. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

A friend of mine used one on his 94 Z71 and he siad he didn't notice much of anything, maybe a little better throttle resonse, thats about it.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

7. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I have one from Turbo City but it was on the truck when I bought it so i dont know if it helped.

90K5

8. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Lowlevell.I dug up the part# on that spacer: trd-2433
    I put it on my 89 K5 with a 350. Also added a K&N filter at the same time. As I said, I did notice an improvement.I already had shorty Truck headders that bolt up to my stock exhaust and a flowmaster 53 series muff on my truck. Everything seems to work together real well.

[​IMG]
    Get out and Vote!