Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI pressure regulator rebuildable?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fjleiter, Mar 29, 2004.

1. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

anyone rebuild the fuel pressure regulator on a TBI? Have a 90 K5 with hesitation problem that's been narrowed down to the fuel pressure regulator. I know the local parts place sells a repair kit with new gaskets and diaphragm but my Haynes manual basically says it isn't "user serviceable" and only gives a notation that the spring is under pressure. Anyone do this and is it a big deal? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Yup, it's like $15 or so, really kinda easy, just pay attention to the details.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Its easy to do.Dont even have to remove the TB. Just disconnect the fuel lines Be careful not to loose the little nylon gaskets. Unbolt the injector pod. pull it out and flip it over. remove the screws that hold on the regulator cover replace the diaphram and spring. Reinstall.
    Before you do this. I was wondering. Have you replaced the fuel filter. That may be your problem.

4. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

Just had a new gas tank, fuel pump, fuel lines and fuel filter installed, problem was there before and after these were installed...

[ QUOTE ]
    Its easy to do.Dont even have to remove the TB. Just disconnect the fuel lines Be careful not to loose the little nylon gaskets. Unbolt the injector pod. pull it out and flip it over. remove the screws that hold on the regulator cover replace the diaphram and spring. Reinstall.
    Before you do this. I was wondering. Have you replaced the fuel filter. That may be your problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

5. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Hey thunder, why do you have to take the fuel lines off? Can't you just disable the pump and crank the engine to relieve the pressure than remove the pod assembly?

6. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

The fuel lines go to the pod itself, not the TB..you will NEVER get the regulator off with out taking at least the pod off..Other than that it is cake..The gold colored "can" houses the spring that pushes against the diaphragm. simple stuff...I am putting a vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator on my TBI 454 tongiht.

Chris