Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by justinf, Apr 7, 2004.

1. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Okay, having a bit of a lapse here, does anyone know whether the fittings on the braided steel fuel lines off the back of the TBI are flange style fittings or O-ring style? I am talking about the end away from the motor.

Also, the air cleaner stud was missing when I got the engine and I found it today laying on the intake under the cruise control module. It has been broken off. It's been awhile since I have messed with a TBI, so where does this thread into the TBI, is it right in front of and between the injectors?

Thanks for all your help with my stupid questions.

2. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

Its kinda crimped with an o-ring. and yes on the thread.

3. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Great, thanks for the help, now I just need to find a new air cleaner stud. No junkyards around me have anything. most of them don't keep anything older than a 95 in the yard, but still no TBI engines around /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Post up in the "Wanted" forum. Someone's probably got one they can throw in an envelope for you. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

I've got a friend I need to call tomorrow to see if he has one, if not I might post up later tomorrow.
    I'd like to get it this week so I can wheel this weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

6. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

I bought one from checkers, but they are straight so I had to heat it up and bend it to the right angles. Pretty easy, all you need is a vice and a cheap torch. I did it b/c of my CFM air intake enhancer made my old one worthless. PM me and you can have my old one for free /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif