Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tbi questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88trailblazer, May 4, 2005.

1. 88trailblazer

88trailblazer 1/2 ton status

:confused: Is anyone running there rigs with the Holly TBI unit?? :confused: How do you like it?? :confused: Was it easy to install?? I have to replace mine and I'm thinking of upgrading it at the same time.

Also, I'm trying to find any pics for a TBI engine compartment. I think that I have a few vacuum lines switched. If you have any pics with the AIR system, they would work too.

Any help would be great.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Just a question, why do you need to replace it? If you think you've got vacuum lines messed up, could that be your problem?

3. 88trailblazer

yea, i see what you mean. i was told by a mechanic who was probably just trying to rip me off. I guess i would have to compare it to other engine pics first

4. Catman

Catman Registered Member

:confused: I've been looking at them also but intill just recently they didn't have one for models after 1989. Now they have one for the '90 and '91 models. 670 cfm?? 25% gain in HP?? Seems too good to be true. Are the injectors capable of more output or is it just air flow? I'd like some answers myself

5. bigcat44

bigcat44 Registered Member

I just bought the Holley TBI unit from another member here and should have the adapter plate from Holley tomorrow. Once I get it installed and fired up I'll let you all know.

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

In your case, I'd suggest fixing the problems you suspect, and seeing how things work then. Sounds like you need the underhood "emissions" sticker, if you can get someone to take a clear picture of a TBI one for you, I'd be more than happy to "host" the picture on my crappy free web space so anyone can utilize it.

You might want to ask in the garage if anyone can take a picture for you.

7. 88trailblazer

thanks, i gave the garage forum a try and it worked.