Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI rebuild kits....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yeild2me, Jan 29, 2004.

1. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

I get my rebuilt engine back tommorrow and as I was inspecting all the parts I found my TBI is looking ill.

Has anyone rebuilt their TBI's???

I know I can do it, just wanted some tips/tricks or part numbers of kits that are better than others.

Thanks,Rob

2. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

You can get a gasket, seal and bushing kit from the dealer for about $50 or so. It was more expensive in the parts stores than the dealer out here. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I don't know anything else about them really. I've tinkered with mine, but never rebuilt it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rick

3. 89BlazerK5

89BlazerK5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I get my rebuilt engine back tommorrow and as I was inspecting all the parts I found my TBI is looking ill.

Has anyone rebuilt their TBI's???

I know I can do it, just wanted some tips/tricks or part numbers of kits that are better than others.

Thanks,Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

i rebuilt mine with a kit from O'Rilley's that was under $30. came with gaskets, and O rings and screens for the injectors. pretty easy rebuild. easier than a carb. don't overtighten the fuel lines on the back.... because the injector pod will break very easily..... learned that the hard way.

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Got one sitting right here. Advance Auto part # 96-541D. I've done a few and there really is nothing to them. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bluejeep

bluejeep 1/2 ton status

Are these actual rebuild kits or are they just the fuel pressure regulator? I just called AutoZone, Advanced Auto, and O'Reilly's and none of them said they sell a rebuild kit, but all of them had the fuel press regulator and associated gaskets. Napa is the only place I've found that has the kit, for 42.99.