Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI running lean, code 44

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Apr 30, 2003.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

code 44 is - lean exhaust condition, O2 sensor voltage stays low after 2-3 minutes of engine running....

what usually causes this? O2 sensor wire had a short in it a little while ago, but it was getting too MUCH voltage. This is now the only thing setting off my SES light...it comes on after a few minutes of driving, then goes off and on sort of randomly. any ideas? thanks

2. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Check Injector Spray Pattern
    Exhaust Leaks
    Fuel Filter
    Fuel Pump (Pressure)
    Bad O2 Sensor

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

oh yeah, should have mentioned...the O2 sensor, fuel pump and filters new, spray pattern is not too good, but it hasnt changed too much since before it started doing this...might pick up some berryman and see if it helps

4. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I had a New Bosch O2 from Autozone when i was goin' thru that Inspection crap...When the shop metered it, it was flat lining...the meter could "see" the sensor, it was just not switching on and off like it was s'posed to...replaced it with a Delco (for $5 cheaper, Bosch was $46) and it functioned correctly...I learned a lesson...get a Delco O2 sensor...also change that thermostat to a 195*...I'm still shakin' my head over that one....JD

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure what ive got on it now, might be a bosch...no idea on the stat. I think i have a good O2 sensor back at home, ill try and find it when im back out there.