Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tbi screwing up need help

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by bad_bo_ti, Jan 8, 2005.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

got in my truck today to drive it after its sat all week and i take off down the road and when i go to excellerate it starts stumbling and fall on its face. i checked the timeing and i think it looked ok, i have 77 or 78000 miles on the motor do you guys think its an injector problem, i replaced the fuel filter a couple years ago and just this past 2 months or so put a used gas tank in it and new sending unit and pump. fuel gage is showing 1/4 tank. so where should start, pressure check the system and if i do what will that show me. thanks for the help, chris also this on a 93 chevy 4x4

2. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Are you sure it's a fuel problem? Take your air cleaner assy. off and watch both injectors. Be careful and don't get too close with your face. They should both be spraying. Make sure they have a good spray pattern, and that they are not dripping fuel instead of spraying. Check this at idle, and then slowly bring the throttle up to where you are getting the hesitation, and make sure they are still spraying good. Also check your spark plugs and wires to make sure you aren't misfiring. A cracked dist. cap can make a vehicle fall on it's face during accel.

3. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

actually the driverside injector doesnt look like it is spraying as good as the pass side. it did this to me about a year ago to and after i checked the timing everything was ok.

4. tweaker

tweaker 1/2 ton status

here's the obvious. did you check all those damn vacume hoses on the tbi. the one in the back was off of my uncles truck for a year before we found it was the problem. just yesterday in fact. also check the wires right there. mud and junk tend to make them seperate. just a thought.

late
    Dillon

5. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

it was the distributor, the cap and rotor where messed up, replaced new napa ones and all good. thanks for the help