Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI selection

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cavalry, Dec 17, 2000.

1. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    I want to put a TBI on my 350 HO. I am not intrested in any aftermarket ones (holly, turbo city, etc) just want to go GM. What years are best (want to stay pre '96 OBDII) and why.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I don't know what years are the "best" but I don't think that a stock GM TBI will work properly on the 350 HO. Doesn't that beast put out around 340 HP? The stock GM 350's were only rated at about 200-250 HP over the years so the stock injectors probably won't flow enough fuel to feed your engine. You might be able to use injectors from a 454 and a customer computer chip to make it all work. You'll definitely need some custom programming to make it work.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com

3. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

the 350HO is 330hp....i figured I would have to use a very modified small block injector or a BB setup, Turbo city and the like sell GM 2barrel setups rated for up to 320 hp or so.... problem #1 no chip burners around here, problem #2 finding a BB throttlebody around here in a yard might be a challenge.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Going with all custom parts also makes it tough to get replacements if you break down in someplace like Moose Dropping, Montana! [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com

5. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

sure does....thats why I would like to go all GM if possible.

6. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

I replaced the 350 that came in my 93 sub with a 400. All I did to make it run right was up the fuel psi from 13 to 15, the 454 injectors would have been to much. I did not will not change the chip

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken