Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI & Smog crap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SkysTheLimit, Oct 17, 2006.

1. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

I FINALLY got that 350 out of my K5 and with it all the TBI & emissions BS.

I know I need to yank the ECM and wiring harnesses (intact), the throttle body itself but what else? Should I split the package up into a TBI package & a smog package for our Kalifornia brethern or just sell it complete?

I guess I need to yank the manifolds, the piping for the A.I.R, EGR stuff, the smog pump and the canister. Anything else?

Once i get this figured out, look for a post in the classifieds...

thanks

2. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

I think you may be able to offer it as two separate lots if someone who's emissions exempt grabs the TBI setup... BTW, what are you asking for TBI stuff?...

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

The emissions stuff (electrical anyways) is not separate. Anything that uses solenoids and what not (EGR, maybe AIR/EVAP) might share common power or ground wires that HAVE to be cut to remove. Leave them in place and let the buyer deal with it, at least they have the option when they buy it.

The hardware I'd take off too, but give the buyer the option as you said. AIR and EVAP are pretty good sized/kind of heavy items when talking about shipping.

4. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

I'll probably just lump it all together then for simplicity sake. I don't know what I'm asking for it all yet, haven't got that far. Gotta do some research.

Thanks guys!