Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI Spacer - Is it worth it? CFM tech?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Pookster, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

http://www.cfm-tech.com/TBIPOWERPLATEinfo.htm

This is the one Im looking at. I've done a search and have come to a few questions-

1. Are TBI spacers worth it? Its 100 bucks or so, wondering if it adds any HP/increases fuel economy.

2. Is their spacer really better than the ones avaliable from JEGS or Summit? The only real difference I can see is in the middle, it allows air to flow from one side to another.

Thats all I can think of right now. Any help/comments/etc would be appreciated.

2. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I bought this one from ebay earlier this year. I don't know about a MPG increase, but I noticed a slight increase on bottom end torque. I don't know if the way the spacer you posted is made is better or not though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rick

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I bought this one from ebay earlier this year. I don't know about a MPG increase, but I noticed a slight increase on bottom end torque. I don't know if the way the spacer you posted is made is better or not though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats company also has the injector riser gaskets here

I would buy both, in fact I have but they are not installed yet! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

4. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I've got the injector spacer on order with them right now. I'm just waiting on my payment to go through with them. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rick