Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI spacer - pro & cons

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Scott73, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Scott73

Scott73 Registered Member

I've heard people talk about TBI spacer. Is a good or bad idea. I have an 87 K5 w/ a 350. What are the pros and cons of a spacer?

2. Wally81k5

Wally81k5 1/2 ton status

Hey, I have one on my 1990 GMC 350 TBI. I don't know how much of a difference they really make, if you could machine your own or build one from phenelic then I would do it, but to me it wasn't worth the 1-2 hp.

3. blazen_md

blazen_md 1/2 ton status

I have a 90 k5 with a 350 tbi and I used the air raid tbi spacer and it gave me better throttle response and maybe a little better gas mileage. Just if you do get one be sure that your kickdown cable gets adjusted right. But every little bit helps I guess.

4. smack

smack 1/2 ton status

I, too have one and would concur that the difference is only slight. I used to have better performance by flipping my factory air-cleaner lid (which I can no longer do because of the added height).
    If you have an auto tranny I'd guess the install would be a little more difficult but in my case the throttle cable (although far from striaght) connected fine.