Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI spacers? 5.7L

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big jimmy 91, Feb 24, 2004.

1. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

I bought a 91 GMC JIMMY full size and would like some input about throttle body spacers.
    Has anyone installed,was there any difference in power, fuel economy as claimed by MFR,S

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

There is a noticible higher RPM response- I did both the Injector spacer and the TBI spacer- If your gonna do both, save yourself some agony, get the line extender.

3. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

Line extender? I was thinking of hitting both up since they are cheap and if I get better milage then rock on!

4. Catman

Catman Registered Member

An Airaid TBI spacer gave my 90K5 about 1 to 1 1/2 mpg increase and a few more ponies. A dyno test in a recent 4x4 magazine showed an increase of 9hp. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. BigRed89

BigRed89 1/2 ton status

I used a CFM technologies TBI spacer and felt a difference in the upper rpm range on the freeway. I also did the injector spacer at the same time. When you click on the link I have attached, scroll down almost to the bottom of the page and you can see the TBI spacer for GM applications.