Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI spacers, Do they work???

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by deek, Nov 14, 2004.

1. deek

deek 1/2 ton status

thinking about ordering one, but just wanted to know if they were junk or not. also any sugestions on what kind.

2. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

<font color="red"> </font> I put the araid on my 90 TBI and my gas milage went up 1 mile per gallon ( upper 9's to upper 10"s) I would say after 4-5 tanks it paid for itself. Giddy Up!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

I've seen some say they do and some they don't...I never tried it though since it would be going on my mom's truck. It seems to me like the 1" spacer is the way to go though if you are gonna do it.

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Have one, installed it, works good.

do either the 1" spacer or the injector spacer, installing both dont seem to do as much for ya.

5. SubYuman

SubYuman 1/2 ton status

Turbo City spacer....

I went from 13.2 to 14.1 on my 93 498 powered C2500 from San Diego to Lake County Ca with mine and then added another .6 with a K&N FIPK....

6. tweaker

tweaker 1/2 ton status

i've got the spacer, the K&N off-road air filter, edelbrock headers, extreme flow K&N top air filter, low temp thermostat. all these together work very well. it opens up the top end, opens up the bottom end and get it more gas to open up a can of whoop a$$. and i still get 13.5 running 38's w/ 3.73 gears on the highway @75mph.

7. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Have the same setup but have JBA headers and flowmasters, plus the flex-a-lite duel electric fans, really sets the horsepower free