Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI studder at part throttle when cold? Fix it!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by y5mgisi, Aug 10, 2003.

1. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

If your TBI motor acted like mine, where it would kinda studder in the morning backing out of the driveway,(i know im not the only one) Simply unplug the vacume line that goes down to the EGR and unplug it and cap it off. Since i have done this about two weeks ago, It has not studdered one time /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I know that this same thing was happening on my uncles burb when he had it so i know some of yall out there will benifet from this low buck fix. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

or you could replace the EGR that took a crap and is now inactive and will cause you to fail emissions if you have it.

3. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

You can get away with it on a carburated truck, but not the tbi. I did the same thing and it ends up screwing up the map sensor. The truck will eventually run so rich that it will not start.

4. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Ok, so its not such a good idea, you could however do this to see if it is bad at least.

5. Highjaxx

Highjaxx 1/2 ton status

Mine runs really rich and stutters. Everything is pluged in too. I'm probley going to have someone hook it up to a computer and read everything. I'm hoping I can get a chip burned to help it run better.Was told the engine came out of a '92 but the computer in the truck says '91 on it. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I don't know anything engines besides I wanted a BIG ONE, and fuel injected. If anyone knows what could be messing it up, that would help. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

what is it a 350? hooking a computer to it won't do crap there its not OBDII. paper clip is the only diagnostic tool. Are you sure its getting too much fuel? No offense but if you don't know engines how did you diagnose that?