Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tbi swap, fuel system

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 3car, Jan 11, 2002.

1. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

i just bought a 90'sub with a tbi 350 that im going to transplant into my 85'k20.any suggestions as to what i should do for a fuel system?i have the dual saddle tanks now.im not sure if i could use the sub fuel tank of not.

2. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

ttt

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Not sure about your dual tank setup, but you might want to run all new 3/8" supply line from the pickup point (assuming it is downstream of the T for the dual tank pickup) up to the engine compartment. The issue in my mind is all the 'lower pressure' rubber connectors, etc. in the system now. HOWEVER, I may be all wet on this, as I think TBI is not that much higher pressure than a carbed mechanical pump, and therefore not that critical of rubber connections. My TPI setup uses 43+ PSI, so I ran all new steel supply lines.

Other guys that have done carb-to-TBI swaps will probably chime in - or go to some EFI websites and check their recommendations.

A couple -

www.fuelinjection.com

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com/>BlazzinOR's Beast Buildup</a>