Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI swap??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by smprider112, Aug 4, 2004.

1. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

ok Im sure this has been posted a million times...but that just means my questions should be easily answered /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    What EXACTLY is required to do a TBI swap into a carburator equiped vehicle??
    Can you just yank a TBI setup out of a vehicle, and use it? what sensors and stuff do u need...and how and where do they go?? is it a pretty difficult thing to do? I'm really wanting to get my truck fuel injected...but not if its gonna take a TON of work to achieve...thanks for any and all help /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

You need everything related to the TBI system out of a donor vehicle. Must have All sensors, wireing harness, ECM, distributor, intake manifold, Exhaust manifolds or Headers with a hole for the 02 sensor, fuel tank and fuel pump.(or you can use an aftermarket in line FP) fuel return line.

3. smprider112

and all that stuff should bolt on with not to much of a problem?? For the o2 sensor, could I just modify the headers I have to make it work?

4. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

I did that swap last winter, here are a couple posts about it. I hope this helps you out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

My swap

Another post

5. smprider112

thanks for those links...it sounds WAY to involved for my tastes tho...maybe I'll just stick with a carb for now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I guess I didnt realise it would be so difficult /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. socalslider

socalslider Registered Member

in your first link, you said you needed the rear light wiring too? why was that?