Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI to LT1

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rescuekrawler, Nov 11, 2004.

1. rescuekrawler

rescuekrawler Registered Member

what do you tink about switching an 87 tbi on a 350 to a 94 to 97 LT1 setup. I'm told but haven't seen all you need to do is bolt on new LT1 and a custom $550.00 wireing harness and it well be twice as good as TBI. IS it worth it. What do you think??

Tom /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

I would go for it I have been thinking about getting an old State Trooper car so I would get every thing I need. If youre still not sure we can test it out by dropping it in my truck to see how it works /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Nick /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

It is worth the swap. I have done it, and it can be done for less than $550.00 for a "custom" harness. I bought a whole car and pulled the harness out. I then adapted the harness for the engine to my TBI S10 Blazer. Depends on your electrical skills.

Check out Impala SS Forum . I have found a lot of good info over there about the LT1.