Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI/TPI & CCC/ESC Stuff

Discussion in 'Engine | Tranny | T-case' started by btolenti, Dec 14, 2006.

1. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

Hypertech 4001 Powercharger. Used it for about 500 miles. Had a bit better throttle response. Removed it when I went to SMOG the truck - returned the truck to bone stock to pass California emissions. In the original box with all the original parts. $30

Chevy TBI/TPI swapping guide by JTR Publishing. Great resource for FI swaps onto older vehicles. Has more information on TPI, but also has good info on TBI swaps. $10

TBI distributor. Seems to be in good condition. Was keeping it as a spare. $15

TBI ECM. #1227747 with ACSK prom. The guy I bought the TBI parts for my swap says all the parts came from an 87 truck with a 350 and TH400. SOLD!

AIR Diverter valve for 86 K-5 350 (CA). In good condition. Worked when removed for TBI swap. $20

EVAP Canister #17088067. Thought I needed this with my TBI swap. Turns out this one works with TPI, not TBI. It has the EVAP solenoid mounted on the top of the canister. $10

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  2. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

More pics

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  3. poolcues

poolcues 1/2 ton status

pm sent

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Where how does the power charger sit under the aircleaner?

5. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

It replaces the air cleaner spacer ring that comes stock on the motors (the round tube - about 6" in diameter and 2" deep - has a hose going from the rear of it to the driver side valve cover).

The smaller hole in the powercharger fits on the TBI side. The air cleaner will fit onto the larger opening. If you check your air cleaner, it should have a recessed portion that the powercharger will fit into.