Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tbi wiring

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigblzr, Apr 25, 2006.

1. bigblzr

bigblzr Registered Member

this problem is a good one so listen closely. i converted the wiring form my 87 305 TBI to a 92' k1500 harness because i put the whole cab on the blazer chassis. i was able to get the truck running on it's own steam however there are a few problems. 1) the single wire that goes to the oil pressure sending unit is hot all the time causing the gauge in the cab not to work. 2) as soo as the prime circuit is done for the fuel pump, the tach jumps a bit and then goes back down-note; the tach is not hooked up to the coil. 3) as soon as you turn the key to ign., there is a whining or buzzing sound that comes from the wiper motor that wont stop till you unplug it. 4) the plug for the 2 speed wiper motor directly effects the fuel gauge and the check gages light and the battery light on the dash, to get these to work, you must jump and few of the wire all to the one wire in the middle. 5) there is power going to the cab but none of the interior lights, accessories work, only the door buzzer. if anybody can help with any of these that would be great, thanks

2. George_Pimpdaddy

George_Pimpdaddy 1/2 ton status

wow sounds like fun

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

With so many quirky problems the first thing I'd look at (assuming you're sure you've got all the correct wires going where they're supposed to) would be earths. Body to chassis, to engine, dash etc. A missing or poor earth somewhere can affect everything. Good luck!

4. chevyk2500hd

chevyk2500hd 1/2 ton status

Why isnt the tach hooked to the coil???

5. bigblzr

bigblzr Registered Member

the tach isn't hooked up to the coil because the interior wiring from the cab is wired in for a tach but the engine harness is off a different truck without an in dash tach