Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TBI

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bob87Burb, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Bob87Burb

Bob87Burb 1/2 ton status

First off, I apologize if this has been covered a million times. I've searched, and didn't find an answer.

The throttle shaft bore in my TBI is worn, causing the shaft to move a lot, and binding of the throttle. I plan on upgrading the TBI and cam next spring, but I was wondering if there is a quick fix for this. Does a rebuild kit include bushings for the throttle shaft?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

2. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Nope, they don't come with the bushings.

Either have it professionally rebuilt or buy the Holley replacement.

I rebuilt mine like a tard and regret every minute of it. The replacement injectors are crap, and by the time you buy everything, it's less frustrating to just buy the Holley, but it isn't cheaper. I also don't like the injectors for the fact that the pattern they spray is absolute junk.

If I had had a good quality rebuildable throttle body, I would have kept the stock injectors and been fine. I didn't have a choice though as mine had been involved in a fire.

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

If you are goin to go thru the trouble of playing with all the rebuild junk, just send yours out to Turbo City. I went thru them and have never had an issue. Got matched injectors ...well basically everything on the page. Got my engine from Waynes connections and had it taken out to 383 with a few extra goodies. All I needed to do was set the regulator with more flow. Heres a link turbocity

4. Bob87Burb

Bob87Burb 1/2 ton status

I was afraid I wouldn't be able to easily repair my current TBI. Ah well, it's just less $$ for the kiddos' college fund. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

my 2500 sitting in the side yard = my college fund /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif thats sold though and the money is being spent on the k5.

6. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Hve the same problem with the wifes 90 V2500 Burb....just bought a new base unit on ebay for $25...its for a sbox witha 4.3L....so i might have to swap out the throttle shaft...but for $25 who cares...gm wants $323 for a base unit.

DW

7. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

junkyard?

8. Bob87Burb

Bob87Burb 1/2 ton status

I may look around at junkyards, but I'm told that this happens quite often, so I'm not sure how many I'll have to check before finding a good one.

Then again, I could always set it up on the Bridgeport and ream the holes oversize for some bronze bushings. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif