Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TC E-Brake - Anyone using these?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JungleBoy, Apr 11, 2002.

1. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

Trying to decide whether to use Cad rear calipers or the TC brake when converting to rear discs - 14 bolt. Opinions, please?
    Thnaks
    JB

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I just installed the t-case e-brake and 1-ton CV driveshaft from High Angle Driveline. The driveshaft is nice. The e-brake kit is what I am having problems w/. I haven't messed w/ it much (and haven't called Jess to ask him) but it is not hooked up right now. It looks like I might have to get a custome e-brake cable (the stock one looks close though!) but I will have to make a new support bracket to hold the end of the cable. The lever on the e-brake caliper is also close (1/4") to where the speedo cable goes into the case (Oh BTW...Jess clocked the caliper a bit because I don't have a body lift) but because I don't have the cable hooked up I don't know if that will be enough travel. I am going to call Jess sometime and ask him what he thinks I should do...All I can think of dooing is clocking the tailshaft housing.

Edit:
    I have some pics that Jess emailed me w/ how the caliper is clocked...email me if you want them.

3. trukman1

trukman1 1/2 ton status

OK, I'm gonna guess "clocked" means rotated but am I even close? Haven't heard this term before. Gary

4. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

You are correct. Clock = Rotate

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Yes Jess made it so it was rotated some...I am thinking I might just bolt it on in the standard position (above the t-case) and just clearance the floor. I would have to raise the floor under the seat about 3/4" (I have a 40:20:40 bench) and the cable would line up better. If I had a welder I think I would just cut a section and weld in a raised section...but I don't so I'm thinking of just putting a 2x4 under the floor and usign my floor jack to raise the floor.

6. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Hmmm... I was thinking of eventually adding one of those e-brakes to my Blazer, but I don't want to hammer my floor since I'm using the stock console... You don't think that the clocked caliper mount will function properly with the speedo output? What about clocking it to the other side?

7. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Clocking it to the other side would work (as well as putting it under the rotor). I just don't want to hassle w/ a custome cable and want to keep it up and out of the way (I also don't mine punching in the floor!). A 1" body lift would be more than enough clearance...I just hate body lifts.

I think you could get it to work in another position it would just take more work and I want to wheel my truck rather than work on it).